Friday, March 2, 2012

Unsophisticated Claptrap

Some erudite turd just left a comment for me after reading one of my November 2009 blog posts. The insightful hubris of anonymous commenters has always amused me. But little did this latest contrarian know how spot-on his/her/its speculation about me was. I ghost wrote a book on turf betting.
Further, Mr./Ms./Mrs. Anonymous...speaking of Fashion Claptrap of the Unsophisticated Variety…I had on these Turf Devotee trews just yesterday.

And in keeping with my usual practice of putting said commenters front and center, I share with you his/her/its comment as well as my mature and Buddhist natured response.

Namaste Y’all

“Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Seattle and...Redux: I Am the Man from…Nantucket ..."
"this is unsophisticated claptrap. You seem better suited to sports-betting advice than fashion

"ADG has left a new comment on your post "Seattle and...Redux: I Am the Man from…Nantucket ..."
No shit? Seems to me that your assignment of my impertinence to the trash heap of unsophisticated claptrap would equally apply to sports betting. Send me a link to your blog. You p_ssy. 

14 comments:

Turling said...

That's awesome.

So, you're old Bob Bacon, huh? Never would have thought it.

ADG said...

Turling...don't tell nobody else. It's a secret.

Anonymous said...

Professional turd biting? as opposed to amateurs? Maybe I need to see the optometrist...

Anonymous said...

Well done, sir! Excellent reply.

Yankee-Whisky-Papa said...

I love your writing and your a decent man to be sure, BUT you do give terrible sports betting advice. Thanks to you, I lost 10 large when you told me "Periwinkle Crusader is a sure bet... That pony is a lock!" I'm not allowed within 500 yards of Heathbarton Downs now.

Main Line Sportsman said...

Wait...really...you're joking right...If this is serious we need to talk more about this system...but I suspect a ruse.

Anonymous said...

Do you have any extra copies for sale?

NCJack said...

Now, now, I'm sure you were told as a lad,
"don't sink to their level, show them you're better than that"...WRONG, get right down there and whiz on 'em. BTW, what would sophisticated claptrap be, pray tell?

Mark Zaidan said...

Namaste, indeed! Nice retort ADG. I love it when you fire back with both barrells.

ADG said...

Mark...where you been? How's the little one?

NCJackie...Yes, I was raised better than this. But sometimes it just feels so good to wallow with 'em.

Anon...it sold out the first day. Try ebay.

MainLiner...you are one of the most discerning fellas I know. You figger it out.

YankeeWhiskey....THAT AIN'T MY FAULT.I ALSO tole you that if Periwinkle Crusader was observed rubbing his butt against anything stationary...a tree, a barn side, a post or especially a tall, stout Samoan (rare but possible)you must scratch him from your betting queue for that day. High talent ponies often have tricky thangs. And it's a knowed fact that Periwinkle, when in good form, runs like a scalded dog. But when any of his tedder, ringworm, psoriasis or hemmies (all evidenced by his aforementioned butt scratching)manifests, you don't bet. Oh, never mind. I was thinking of Perry Winkler.

CeceliaMc said...

Nice..uhhhh...Turf Devotee trews...

Anonymous said...

Don't buy this book - it's a hoax. Everybody knows thoroughbreds don't scratch their own butts - for the love of god - they're thoroughbreds - they have people to do that for them

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that one pretty butt!

Wanda

ADG said...

AnonymousPrettyButt...and all I can say is that I hope you are a woman.

AnonButtScratch...EGGZACKLY...I had a summer job one time and butt scratching was one of my tasks.

CeMac...thanks. For recognizing my devotion.