Thursday, January 17, 2013

This is a Blazer


Rather staid I know. The options for fuzziness and the latitude for swank are for good reasons, limited in the blazer department. But this one awaits my first try-on.
And of course this is a blazer too. My eleven year old absolutely worn to almost shreds, three-open patch Flusser standard. This remains far and away, my favorite way to model a jacket. Three-open patch pockets…3/2 roll…peak lapels…double vented. But the try-on newbie in the first photo is a departure. Stay tuned for the story and the differences in cut, styling, color shade and…whatever.

Actually, this entire little ditty was code to say that I flat-out don’t have the time or the mental disc space to write anything voluminous these days. Topics and experiences abound but it’ll all have to wait till next week.

Onward…still in safe harbor atop Nob Hill… before heading back for one more round of my juju in Las Vegas.

Till later…ADG II

7 comments:

Main Line Sportsman said...

That is an odd chalk stripe on that jacket....just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

I think so much depends on your Goals in Life. Open patch is fine for the likes of Cary Grant in The Philadelphia Story, where dressing well is a sport and an end, but certainly not to be confused with Going to Work. These days, so much of life includes the invisible quotation marks that imply a reference to something else and I think open patch implies a reference to a leisure lifestyle, whether or not you are presently doing leisure or doing that other thing- work. It looks to me like your new blazer is still going to be plenty sporty, but (assuming you live in a world where wearing a jacket that does not match your trousers is acceptable) just that notch more businesslike. You have slant and ticket pocket for party, but you have flaps for business. I think your new jacket is a mullet blazer...

Jusma Cents, II

Suburban Princess said...

After Anon there doesn't seem to be much I can think of to say, except perhaps safe travels!

Scale Worm said...

Enjoy Vegas (oxymoron?)

Happy new year mt friend.

Mason said...

Since I'm particularly beholden to the stylistics of your current "standard," (minus button stance) I anticipate the new fuzzy with vicarious breath. Good luck in Las Vegas.

ADG said...

The Mullet Blazer....classic!

Scale et al...Happy New Year to you. I'm home from Vegas and glad to be so.

Unknown said...

I really love this designs it's so cool thanks for sharing.buy tumblr followers