Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pooting in Church and the Horizontal Treatise

“Man…That’s as ugly as pooting in church” … I can hear my best childhood and fratty brother DCA saying it right now. Church pooting. Say it. Out loud. At least once-you know you want to.
Sunday saw me engaged in an après handlin’ brunch with LFG and her mom. I figured-because we know that God doesn’t care what you wear-as long as you cover you’re a_s up-that I’d bust out in my fancy lined linen Flusser blazer. You know the one-yellow lining and blue and white silk striped sleeves.
I have no original ideas. This linen blazer was concocted years ago after having dinner with Puerto Rykken and Alan Flusser. The Flussman sported said coat at dinner and had the sleeves turned back-exposing said lining. I had to pounce. But where did I go wrong? Where did the dice fuzziness go wild? I simply asked for a fancy lining and figured that my tailors would use better judgement. 
The result-my best buddy DCA would say that everything on this rig is strong…butcept the lining is “church pooting ugly”. I might agree. Three/Two sack. Open patches-including breast. Two sleeve buttons...and an ugly lining.
But give me some props for the contrivance. I've declared it ok to bust out the Nantucket Reds and the accesories like this belt. It works-shut the ____up.
Flusser Pocket square looks like a cotton print. It's silk-just ask me.
New and Lingwood cashmere and cotton gingham shirt-half price from my trip across the pond. It was too warm for the shirt on Sunday. You can color this one gone till cooler weather rolls back around.
Ok, let’s move on to the Horizontal Treatise….I’ve stolen these pictures with reckless abandon from our buddy Chris over at Off the Cuff. While LFG and I were frolicking last week on Spring Break, Chris was interviewing Flusser at the DC trunk show. Check him out here.
I wish that I’d witnessed this stripy horizontality in person because my edgy man Flusser was knockin’ it out of Stripe City Park. And you thought that I came up with the cowboy barrel cuff on my own. Nope-here's the godfather of fuzzy-replete with said barrel. BAM!
But what really lands this contrivance in the Fuzzy Dice Sweet Spot is the horizontal striped shirt girded with a kiss my ascot horizontal striped belt.
My Sartorial Guide-Flusser has obviously stepped off of the give a shit bus (as if he was ever on it) and boarded the Fuzzy Dice Express.

Onward-Fuzzily-With dreadful respiratory gunk…ADG sans cocktails.

25 comments:

Barima said...

I'd love for Flusser to have indulged in some opulence and sported a moire silk tie

Your paisley is redolent of the designs my favourite Japanese designer has latterly favoured. And it's a step or two above the linings available in jackets here in Ghana

B

Toad said...

As King Arthur might say..."Run Away"

Memphis88 said...

I have those same bamboo bit loafers that he is wearing except mine are brown. I haven't worn mine in a very long time though because they resemble elf shoes. Hell, the bits even make a noise when I walk that sounds sort of like bells. Add to that my short stature and it's just a bad mix altogether.

ADG said...

Barima...are you back in Ghana visiting?

Toad...I'm runnin'...I've been runnin'....

Memphis 88....send the elf shoes to me.

Charles said...

Did your wife split due to lack of closet space?

Easy and Elegant Life said...

Still laughing about Memphis' comment.

Hmmm.... that's some lining, not that you'd ever turn it inside out. But take that with a grain of salt. I just tried to have a coat lined with striped Bemberg sleeve lining to no avail.

Eleven on the fuzzy dice toss, baby.

K.S.Anthony said...

The blazer/shirt/reds belt/pants ensemble is not just dressing, sir: it is the battle standard of sartorial GLORY! (a tempest of applause)

Paul said...

I lust after that navy linen jacket man! The stripes though! Holy Moly! That's a lot of stripes!

(lots of exclamation points)

ilovelimegreen said...

I like the navy linen jacket/check shirt combo but am at a loss for words (for once) on the black striped suit/shirt/belt. The pocket square is fun but what I like most is the cane settee topped off with a kilim cushion.

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

Your lack of cocktails is most worrying.

Memphis88 said...

If you are serious, and I don't end up giving them another I shot then I might do just that.

heavy tweed jacket said...

Perhaps Mr. Flusser overdid it a bit. I mean, I had to rest my eyes on the sofa after seeing that. I was feeling like I'd been on a roller coaster after three hot dogs and a strawberry malt.

Staredge said...

LOVE the flamingo square. Does he still have those???


Not so hot on the horizontal....however, I am but a padawan learner (not a young one, though).

ADG said...

Will...yes...there are a couple of these left I think. In two color variations.

HeavyTweed...bad visual...the three hotdog thing.

Memphis...only if they are an 8-D

LagunaCodPiece...I tried cocktails last night and it's still too soon. Which lets you know that I am really feeling shitty.

LimeGreen...only you would notice.

K.S. ...thanks man.

EasyOne...Eleven...reminds me of Spinal Tap

tintin said...

What the heck's wrong with that lining? It's got an 80's vibe that's right as rain. I'm bettin AF bummed it off Chipp 'cause I'm pretty sure I saw some of it on Winstons shelves. A layer of dust on it but still there.

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

What the cuss is ,'potting'?

Memphis88 said...

7.5 D, but I usually wear and 8 D and these fit fine.

Lacroix said...

@tintin: i think you just beat the hell out of adg by having a shirt made with the GTH Lining ADG has.

ADG said...

Laguna...what happened to Tartain Tuesday this last? No excuses. Do you mean what is "pooting"?

Longthang...My former wife had ALL the freakin' closet space man...she had everything....she got everything...it's all good.

tintang....do you think Chipp/winston has any wool challis cloth left in patterns or characters/designs?

Memphis...I agree. I bet they'll fit me. Sell 'em to me! What size sportcoat are you?

Lacroix...tintin always beats the hell out of me.

Anonymous English Female said...

ADG - Love Flusser's suit, shirt and pocket square but he needs to lose the belt (or turn it into braces ? may be?) and as for the shoes - my worst fears have been confirmed by Memphis 88.
Your flamingoes are far too elegant to poot in church.

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

ADG, Tartan Tuesday is an irregular feature, irregular because I want to prevent dangerous overheating. There are some nice tartan shots lined up for coming weeks.

I'm a big fan of Lacoste and I would probably buy one of those mega-gator polos just to piss you off.

Yes, what is ,'pooting'?

Memphis88 said...

I'm very tempted to do just that. Well, I am 5'6 and a whopping 130 lbs. so finding suits,sports coats, and blazers that fit is a real pain in the ass. I just got a 34 navy blazer that fits alright, though. Why do you ask?

Gail, in northern California said...

For Laguna Beach Trad...I admire your perseverance but with ADG you'll be sorry you asked.

ADG said...

AnonEngFem...Flusser's belt is perfect.

LagunaTartanLetdownMan...Pooting is...

"God's Little Airhorn"

Gail...you are obviously feeling better.

Gail, in northern California said...

"God's Little Airhorn"....bless your heart. I couldn't wait to read your answer for Laguna Trad. And, yes, I am feeling much better. Arm still in the #*!#!* sling but getting better everyday. Don't think for a minute I didn't catch that little snide remark about taking a four-hour shower too.